Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday and a Scrapbook Page

Happy Thursday, all!  I can't believe it's Thursday already!  I have been busy this week working on projects for the 1,000 Member Party at The Outlawz which will begin at 12:01 A.M. this coming Sunday.  I have mentioned the party a few times already but I have to do it again because we are just so excited about it!  I think I told you already that we're hosting a special challenge each day of the week and members will have the entire week to post their entries for any or all of them.  We're also having a blog hop with prizes at each stop.  Each challenge design team will have a stop with the projects created by all its members on the one blog.  There will be links to the individual blogs from there too in case you want to see more photos or detailed information about a particular project.  There will be games like Bingo, Name That Tune and scavenger hunts too.  Basically, there will be something that we hope every member will enjoy participating in and the only catch is that you have to register to become a member.  Believe me, the prizes are awesome!!!  Our sponsors have been super generous and just as an example, Oozak and SDACD have donated $100 gift certificates!  How unbelievable is THAT???  And that's just the beginning!  We have Copic and Prismacolor classes, rubber and digi stamps, tons of other gift certificates to Ippity, Whimsey and Paper Temptress among others.  I think I have submitted 4 projects for the party so far and I've had fun making each one.  I hope that if you're a member of The Outlawz, you'll look me up and if you're not, you'll consider becoming one.  It really is the best challenge site on the web, in my opinion.

Now on to my project for today.  I have tons of photos of my lovely niece, Kirsten, and I love making scrapbook pages with them.  She is super photogenic and besides being beautiful, she is also a sweetheart.  I originally started this page as a project for the party I was just going on about but it didn't come together in time so I finished it yesterday after I completed my project for JustWordz that will post tomorrow.  So here is the newest page I made for her.  By the time I get all of my photos of her scrapped, I'll have a full scrapbook for her!  LOL!  I need to make pages for my grandkids and my other nieces and nephews if they'll ever send me their photos.


Isn't she a cutie pie?  It's difficult for me to realize that she is 19 years old!  It doesn't seem that long ago that she was an adorable little toddler.



 The next photo shows some of he detail close up.I don't know if you can tell but I added some highlights in gold ink to the letters and to the flower.  The lacy borders are from a Sizzix die and the leaves on the flower are drawn and hand cut and then colored with Copics and hightlighted in gold.
  

Another close-up.


I have to give credit to another of my nieces for the beautiful photography.  My brother's daughter, Lyncca, is a professional photographer and she took most of the pictures I am using on my pages of KC.


Layout is 12" x 12".  All of the papers are from DCWV.  Cardstock is by Core'dinations and Recollections.  The chipboard letters, heart and flower came in a big bundle of several colors from the Paper Studio that I got from Hobby Lobby.  Drop by tomorrow to see the first card I have made using my Silhouette since I discovered Copics!  And don't forget about the big celebration starting Sunday night at The Outlawz.  We sure would love for you to come join in the merrymaking as we celebrate our 1,000th member.  Until then...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

3 comments:

  1. WOWZER!! Really gorgeous layout hun!! Love the lace edges and what a beautiful lady in the photos too!! :) Thanks for sharing! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i really like this layout,and it goes so perfect with your pictures....love it..tfs
    me, kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful LO for a beautiful young lady. I'm looking forward to seeing what you created for the 1,000 party. I've got to try to remember how to get on at the Outlawz group (I haven't been over there in a while.)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.