Friday, September 23, 2011

Love Week at JustWordz Stamps

Hello, all my lovely readers!

Well, after a few days of being without my computer, I'm back with a new project for JustWordz. The system fan went out on my desktop computer on Sunday afternoon and I had problems finding a replacement for it.  The darned computer is only about 4 years old or so and already the parts are obsolete?! I don't know how these technology companies expect the average consumer to keep up with the constant changes. I know I can't and gave up even trying years ago! I have a laptop but all my photo editing software as well as the software for my Cricut and Silhouette, along with all my bookmarks and resume are on this computer so I had no choice but to get it fixed as quickly as possible. Well, I finally found a replacement, had to drive about 35 miles to get it but thankfully, I was able to replace it myself and now I'm back up and running again.

And just in the nick of time too because it's Friday, the beginning of the weekend and time for another new project for JustWords! Yay!!! This week, Kim asked her design team to create projects about that marvelous and mysterious 4-letter word, LOVE. There are many different kinds and many degrees of love so we are going to demonstrate several of them using the fantastic Everyday Sentiments stamp set which is available for purchase on the JustWordz blog. The sentiment that she gave me to work with was "Sweet on you" and when I started thinking about it, there were at least a dozen different projects that came to mind. The most obvious, of course, is something sweet... like candy or ice cream or a cupcake, but I didn't want to go for the obvious this time so I went with a more traditional meaning. I chose an adorably sweet Tilda as my image. She is holding a basket of what look to me like Peonies, which I adore. Look at this darling and tell me that she doesn't just ooze sweetness! LOL






For some reason, Tilda's little dress looks bluer than it is in person and after trying unsuccessfully to adjust it without adjusting the color of the background, I just gave up. It's close enough to satisfy me until I have more time to mess with it.

Materials and Suppies:

Base card - Core'dinations
Mats - DCWV Cardstock
White cardstock - Recollections
DP - K Ology Addison Collection
Image - Magnolia Stamps
Coloring medium - Copics
Ribbon - Michael's dollar bin
Leafy vine - Sizzix
Die cut - Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eleven
Rose - Recollections
Tag and hearts - Heidi Grace'
Sentiment - JustWordz Everyday Sentiment stamp set
Dew drops - courtesy of Kim of JustWordz
Glitter flowers on inside - K & Company

I will enter this card in the following challenges:

TBD

Time is drawing near for the release of 2 new stamps sets from JustWordz so if you want to take advantage of the introductory price Kim is offering until the official release, you'd better hurry over to her blog and place your order. In case you haven't seen them yet, I am including pictures of the new sets below.




Don't forget to visit my JustWordz teamies to see the fabulous projects they have created this week! I haven't seen them yet but I'm sure they are just as wonderful as they always are. I have links to their individual blogs in my left sidebar.  

Come back tomorrow for a new new project for the Paper a la Mode challenge at The Outlawz. The Outlawz will be hosting a huge party the week of October 2nd to celebrate reaching 1,000 members with special challenges, a blog hop, games and tons of prizes! See my left sidebar or The Outlawz Challenge site for more information. Until next time...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

6 comments:

  1. Once again your coloring is just AMAZING! I really wish there was a place around here that taught that technique. I've tried YouTube and books but it's just not the same. TFS:-)

    ~Tammy S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Gossamer Moonfilter, lol! I just saw your fairy name in your sidebar, too cute!! Love your Tilda! She is colored perfectly and I love your whole layout!
    Hugs sweetie~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah....of course this card drips with sweetness...i love it fully. The colors, design and added detail is so eye catching...thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and I just LOVE your coloring!!!
    Hugs,
    Tracy V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annibee this is so remarkable! Great colors! and perfect wee tag sentiment! Coloring is flippin amazing as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your layers on this card and the embellishing is awesome!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.