Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday Paper a la Mode Challenge at The Outlawz!

Good morning, my crafty friends! It has been a busy week and I'm glad the weekend is here at last. You'd think since I'm not going to work at a full time job every day, that I'd have plenty of time to get everything done, right? WRONG! I seem to work harder and get farther behind on my chores since I have been off. It amazes me too, believe me! I get more crafty things done than I used to though so I guess it's more a matter of priorities! LOL!

Since it's Saturday, it's time for a new Paper a la Mode challenge at The Outlawz! Woo hoo! As we're sliding into the last 4 months of the year and all the fun and exciting holidays are before us, our challenge themes are really starting to be fun. I was getting pretty tired of summertime themes, especially with the horrible heat wave we were under for 4 months, so I'm happy that the weather is finally turning cooler, even if we still aren't getting much rain. Anyway, this week our team leader, Rona, came up with a sketch for us to follow for our inspirational projects. I don't know why I don't use sketches more often because I really enjoy them and they cut out some of the work in creating a layout, at least for me. So here's the sketch we used.


Pretty cool, huh? I wasn't sure how my own layout would look but after I got it finished, I just loved it! I followed the sketch pretty strictly really, but not 100%. See what you think.


This beautiful young woman is my niece, Kirsten, who we call K.C. She was the subject of my very first scrapbook layout almost a year ago. She is so photogenic that it's a dream working with pictures of her. I'm planning to make another layout of her for the 1,000 Member Party that starts next week at The Outlawz.  Oh, have you not yet heard about our party? Ohhhh, well.... we're having a week long celebration because we are nearing 1,000 members and we'll be hosting special challenges, a blog hop, games and there will be lots of fabulous prizes, of course! We will be giving away 2; that's right... TWO $100 gift certificates among other things! If you're not a member, you might want to consider joining the best challenge site on the web by October 2nd so you can join the party and play along with us. Also, if you're interested in sponsoring one of the challenges or games, please contact me here on my blog. Sorry, I digress, but I'm so excited for this celebration that I can hardly stand it! I'll have a minimun of 3 projects posted during that week and I hope you'll come back for a visit between 10/2 and 10/8 to see what I have made for this special occasion.  I'll also have a couple more cards posted here tomorrow for the Progressive Freebies Challenge at CDAC.

I hope you liked my layout and I hope I inspired you to try using sketches in your own crafting occasionally.  If you have never tried it, you should at least do that much. Until next time, my friends, have a lovely weekend and...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful LO. I think you did a wonderful job. I started off scrapbooking, but quickly moved to cards. I find it a lot easier to fill a smaller space. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and your niece is gorgeous! Love this sketch too and what you did with it! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.