Saturday, September 3, 2011

New Paper a la Mode Challenge at The Outlawz

It's Saturday and the beginning of Labor Day weekend!! It's also time for another Paper a la Mode challenge at The Outlawz!! Yay! Theresa selected the theme this week, which is "Fabric or Canvas". I thought I had some canvas but I couldn't find it so instead of running out to buy some, I decided to use what I had on hand.  My card for this week has sweet little Tilda as its focal point and the fabrics I used were felt, crocheted lace and grosgrain ribbon. All of the flowers are made of felt as is the little ladybug.





I wanted to give the card a fall "feel" so I used mostly yellows, browns and burgundy with small touches of pink and aqua. I used one of my Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page sets to punch the corners and the mats on the inside and my Corner Chomper to round the corners of the white mats and card base. The yellow grosgrain ribbon has little white stitches running down the center of it and though it's difficult to see in the photos, it coordinates well with the white crocheted lace. The yellow heart stick pin was sent to me by one of my blogger friends and I added clear and gold Swarovski crystals to dress it up. The yellow checked DP is from DCWV's Nana's Nursery stack and the rectangular mat behind Tilda is from K & Company's Que Sera Sera collection. The felt flowers are also from K & Company. The image was colored with Copics, of course!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my sweet Tlda.  She is ready for Autumn and so am I!  The weather man says we're supposed to get a cold front tomorrow which should drop temperatures to the low 90s or possibly even the high 80s and they are supposed to stay there all next week!!!  Hallelujah!!!  Now all we need is some rain to go with it!  Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend if you're in the U.S. and a lovely weekend no matter where else you might be! Until next time....

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

6 comments:

  1. Anne, I'm waiting for a coloring tutorial video! Fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Anniebee, love the Autumn colours,gorgeous felt flowers,all the wee details, fabulous. Love that time of the year. We are heading into spring, and as much as I do love spring, I know the heat will follow...THAT, I'm not keen on.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning as usual Anniebee.

    Hugs
    Dusti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. What an awesome job you did on coloring. So talented.

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreceiate it.

    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet card. I love the colors you combined and all the added bling. Great coloring, i love it all. tfs
    www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card Anniebee. I am now a follower :) Thanks for participating in the last poll over at the Quick Quotes blog.
    ~Lisa
    QQ Social Media Director
    www.blogquickquotes.com
    personal blog: www.scrapaholic22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.