Sunday, September 25, 2011

CDAC Progressive Freebie Challenge - Week 3 (cdacpc3)

Well, it's mid-September already and we'll be half way through the Progressive Freebies Challenge at CDAC when the current one ends on the 30th.  So far, I have completed 2 cards for this challenge, using 2 different images that were supplied to the participants free.  To receive each successive set of free digi stamps, each participant has to enter at least one project using one of the free images that were sent to them and post it in the CDAC gallery. Here is the first of my 2 cards.  I'll post the second one tomorrow.  The artist of this beautiful image is Just Inklined.





I really enjoyed coloring this gorgeous sunflower and Tiger Swallowtail butterfly.  This butterfly was once commonly seen in North Texas, where I live but I don't see them as often anymore.  I guess they are going the the way of the Horned Lizard (Horny Toad) and eventually won't be seen at all here, though they are raised on butterfly farms.

It's after 4 AM and I have not been to bed yet so I won't list all the supplies I used to make this card.  The image is by someone named Jum, who is a CDAC member  If anyone wants further information leave a comment on this post and I will do my best to answer all questions.  As previously stated, I am entering this card in the Progressive Freebies Challenge Week 3 at CDAC.

I'll be back tomorrow with the other card for the same challenge and if I'm lucky, I may even have time to complete another one before the deadline.  Until next time, have a great weekend and...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

4 comments:

  1. WOWZA!! This is just stunning! It looks like that butterfly just landed on this card! BEAUTIFUL coloring and design!

    Thanks so much for joining our progressive challenge fun at CDAC and I look forward to seeing more of your work!!

    Darlene
    CDAC Board

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Job. Beautifully colored image. that butterfly looks so real. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

    Hugs,
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed your beautiful creations so much! This is absolutely stunning. Honestly I sat and looked at it for quite some time just trying to take it all in. Your cards are definitely frame-worthy pieces of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiuflly colored!! I love how you popped the butterfly up!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.