Saturday, September 10, 2011

A New Paper a la Mode Challenge at The Outlawz

It's Saturday again, which means that it's time for a new Paper a la Mode challenge at The Outlawz!  This week flew by super fast and the weekend was here before I knew it.  It's so hard for me to believe that it's September already and that Christmas is less than 4 months away!  I need to start planning my Halloween and Christmas cards soon or I won't get them finished in time.

Now, on to this week's challenge.  It was my turn to select the challenge theme and as tired as I am of the summer heat and the severe drought we have been having, I chose Autumn as the theme for the challenge projects.  Fall and Spring are my favorite times of year but I'll even choose Winter over Summer!  You'd think since I was born and raised in the great state of Texas, I'd be used to it, right?  Not so much!  I just can't tolerate the heat and humidity and the worst part about it is that it lasts so long.  It started getting hot at the end of May and we probably won't see an end to it until some time in October.  We have had a bit of a reprieve this past week, however, with temps in the high 80s and low 90s.  Anyway, my point is that I'm sick of summer and ready for Fall so I created a card featuring a beautiful Fall Fairy.  This is another image from my new favorite artist/illustrator, Phee McFaddell.  This lovely creature is called "Heart Fairy".






Isn't she wonderful?  I adore all of Phee's images and have already colored quite a few of them but I haven't even made a dent in the number of images she has on her site.

Materials and Supplies:

Card base - dark moss green Core'dinations cardstock
Mats -  Violet Core'dinations cardstock
DP  on inside - K & Company Jubilee Collection
Heart Fairy - Phee McFaddell
Background image - Dover Publishing (free image)
Coloring -  Copics, of course!
Gold and Glaze gel pens
Labels on inside - Spellbinders Nestibilities Labels 11
The greeting was hand printed by me with an 025 Copic Multiliner onto vellum paper and cut to fit the space beneath the heart fairy.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

I just love how this little project turned out.  I 'll be using both the background image and the Heart Fairy again, I'm sure but there are so many more of Phee's images I am dying to color that it will likely be a while before you'll see them again on my blog.  Thanks so very much for stopping by.  We'd love to have you join us at The Outlawz and play along with us in the challenges.  We have a different one each day of the week and our generous sponsors provide some awesome prizes.    Enjoy your weekend and I hope you get to do something creative!  Until next time...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! So bright and vibrant, right up my alley! I finally googled and realized I had seen her images before but just downloaded a bunch more. Some of them are so intricate I think I will be printing them in 8x10 just to have some fun coloring!! can't wait!!
    xx
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGsh!! This is AMAZING!!! You did an awesome job with all that coloring!! WOW!! I can't stop looking at it!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word girl!!! This is sooooo super gorgeous!! I can't believe all of the details of the coloring!!! Just amazing!! WOWZA!!! I thank you for sharing this!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Dana covered it all for me Annie LOL I LOVE this!!! I think you should frame it and hang it on the wall...I would :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, the colors and flowers are marvelous, gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.