Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy Friday and a new JustWordz Design Team Project

It's Friday again already and the beginning of a new month as well!!  I find it incredibly hard to believe that there are less than 4 months left in the year!!!!  Holy moley!  Where has this year gone???  As ready as I am for summer to be over and fall to begin, I'm not prepared for all the hubbub that goes on around the holidays.  Well, as I can't turn back time and I can't wish the days away, I'll just have to be content with it being the 2nd of September.  With each new Friday comes a new project for JustWordz Stamps and this Friday is no different.  We had a fantastic turnout for our first blog hop last weekend and we gave away some pretty cool prizes so if you missed it, I'm sorry for you and I hope you'll be able to attend the next one.  For now, I have something a little different for you.  Kim asked us to create tags this week but that was the only guideline.  We could use any kind of theme for our tags that we wanted... sort of an "anything goes" kind of thing except that it had to be a tag.  I just can't say enough about the versatility and ease of using these stamps.  I'm not sure now how I ever got along without them and I'm really looking forward to seeing what Kim has in store for us next.

It had been a while since I made a tag but I had so much fun with this one, I made a second one that is completely different.  I'll save that one for another time but for now, I'll show you the one I made for my DT project.






Be sure to visit the JustWordz blog to see what Kim and the other DT members have created this week.  You can find links to their blogs in my left sidebar.

Tools and Materials:

Base tag - 7 Gypsies Walnut stained cardstock tag
DP - K & Company Jubilee
Image - Ina Jane downloaded from Sweet Coloring Pages
Image colored with Copics
Sentiment - JustWordz Everyday Sentiments
Sentiment label - Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Tags
Leafy vines - Sizzix colored with Copics
Flowers - small retro flower punch
Flower centers - Recollections pearls tinted with Copic #Y38
Distressing - Dark Pink and Lime Green Studio G Chalk Inks
Butterflies - Martha Stewart small butterfly punch
Brown and white cardstock used for sentiment and butterflies - Recollections
DP used for butterflies - K & Company Que Sera Sera
Small pearl strips used for butterfly thorax - Recollections
Assorted fibers and ribbons - my stash

I am entering this tag in the following challenges:

Sweet Magnolia Honey Bee' Corner Technique Challenge #1 - use 3 dfferent textures


That's all I have for you today.  I'll have a new Design Team project for The Outlawz Paper a la Mode Challenge tomorrow and I hope you'll come back to see it.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and that you find the time to do something creative!  Until next time....

Happy crafting!
Anniebee


10 comments:

  1. Have you missed me? jk
    This is so pretty. I'll be back tomorrow to see your Outlaw project. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My....this is stunning. All your elements are just perfect...I love the image, your embellishements and the placement of them...super lovely and elegant..tfs
    www.justwordz.ca
    p.s. i'll have sneak peeks for preordering next week on two new sets...i'm so excited

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is totally gorgeous!! Such stunning details on your creation and amazing colors!! Thanks for sharing!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This tag is stunning! I am so in love with everything from the image to the embellishments! Great one!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is STUNNING Annie! Haven't been visiting anywhere lately...too busy with work stuff :( Love how you've given the cute little fairy the tag to hold. As always beautiful colouring :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag is so pretty! I love all the flowers and the colouring on your little fairy is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful work!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Another awesome job of coloring your image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is so pretty, love that image and your colours are beautiful with all the different textures and elements.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow wow wow Anniebee this is super stunning, what a fantastic tag! I love that image and all the beautiful details on your tag, just super. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeee Anniebee this is so beautiful ! so full of wonder! OMGosh I love all your extras ....that image is so sweet and innocent and your tag on the tag placement is perfect for the sentiment! I just want to reach out and touch it! HAHA! Thanks for truly inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.