Thursday, September 15, 2011

CDAC Progressive Challenge - Week 2

Woohoo!  CDAC's Progressive Freebie Challenge is in it's second week, which will end shortly after I post my entry!  I am down to the wire with this one but I think I'll make the deadline with a few minutes to spare.  The rules are that you have to enter at least one project to receive the next set of images for free.  This week, the theme is Back to School.  I chose this cute little school girl by Stamp n Doodle, which was one of the free images we were given to use on our projects.  Isn't she adorable?  I wanted the card to be girly, even though it is all about school so I made it pink and embossed the background with the Cuttlebug folder called Typeset.  I don't have school-aged children so I don't have too many things that work for this theme but I figured the alphabet letters would work as well as anything.  I ran a darker pink chalk ink pad over the embossed image to make it more pronounced.  The little girl is colored with Copics.  The pocket watch stamp is by Studio 112 and the little alphabet tiles came in a collage kit my sister gave me for Christmas a few years ago.  The big pink bow is made from organza ribbon from my stash.  




I am entering this card in the following challenges:

CDAC Progressive Freebie Challenge - Week 2 (Back to School)

That's it for today.  Check back on Friday for my newest creation for my JustWordz Design Team.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoy this little card as much as I did making it.  Until then...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

2 comments:

  1. Super adorable card....i entered two cards in the first week and tried to inquire about my freebies for the second week and i got no reply...oh well i'll have to join again...love all your added details...great card. tfs
    www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Anniebee, I love the scrabble letters and the beautiful image and colouring.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.