Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A New Card for WOW Embossing Powders

Hi and Happy Wednesday, friends! What a week this has been so far! If you read my last post, you know that I was blessed by being selected to be a guest designer for the Saturated Canary for the summer!  A new release is scheduled for today too so if you're as big a fan as I am, you'll want to pop over there and check them out!

Today, I have a new card I made for WOW Embossing Powders using a digi from another of my favorite illustrators, Phee McFaddell.  I haven't posted anything using her images for a while now so I thought it might be a nice change of pace for you guys.  I also used LOTS of WOW Embossing Powder.

This card is a whopping 6" x 8", at least an inch bigger all the way around than the cards I usually make.  And believe it or not, I'm working on one even bigger than this using a Saturated Canary digi!! Well, I live in Texas... what can I say?! LOL!



I actually intentionally made the card large because I wanted plenty of the patterned paper (from DCWV's All Dressed Up stack), as well as the dry embossed oval to show behind my focal image.


I started by dry embossing a piece of white cardstock by inking my embossing folder with Quick Quotes Pink Cheeks Powderpuff Chalk ink. The ink transferred from the folder to the paper during the process. Next, I used dies to cut the oval from the embossed cardstock as well as a pink and a black mat.  Then I ran a Versamark Embossing stamp pad over the raised areas and applied WOW Bright White Embossing Powder over the entire area. After turning the oval over and tapping it to remove all the excess powder, I used my heat tool to melt the powder.  


I used Primary Ebony Powder to emboss the two flourishes which were made from chipboard with a Tim Holtz die.  I used the WOW! stamp set called "Gratitude" to create the greeting and the ticket and used a Shock Pink (RV04) Copic marker to color in the stamped and embossed images and fussy cut them to go on my card.


I added a mulberry paper rose, some velvet hydrangea blossoms from Petaloo, a glittery chipboard die cut from my stash and some pearls and Voila! A beautiful finished card fit for a queen (or princess, as the case may be).
  


Please visit the WOW blog to see some incredibly creative projects made by my talented teammates.  And if you're planning to attend CHA, don't forget to stop by the WOW booth and say hi to Suzy West and some members of the design team. That's it for today, peeps! Thanks for stopping by today.  I love reading your comments if you care to leave one.  Until next time...


Happy crafting!
Anniebee

4 comments:

  1. Anne, Thanks so much for stopping at my blog and leaving such nice comments and I so happy you like my tutorial. I'm a follower of your also now. I'm going to the CHA in July I only live 50 miles away. I will check out the WOW blog and if I get a chance I will say Hi to Suzy West. Loving your card and your coloring is awesome. Your image is just daring.
    Hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card and a lovely example of embossing as well as coloring with Copics!!! I wish I were going to CHA, but I will just have to hear about it from others. I am so glsd to have found your blog, you are super talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one beautiful card. Love the little fairy and the colors you used, love all the embellishments. Very creative. Super work.

    Hugs
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie, I've just discovered your blog and have become a follower. Your colouring is just stunning and I can't wait to see your future creations.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.