Monday, June 4, 2012

I'm gonna give you a little break today

I originally posted this late Saturday night and scheduled it to post at 5:00 AM the next morning, not realizing that would be Sunday! When I realized it, I pulled it down and posted another (more appropriate, I guess you could say) project instead. I hope I didn't inadvertently offend anyone.  Anyway, just in case you came here looking to see her, here she is!!
                                                -----------------------
Are you tired of Saturated Canary yet?  I'm not, but I've decided to give you, my readers, a little bit of a break today.  I made this card for a Harley riding friend of mine for his birthday.  The image, in case you're not familiar with the artist (I'd be surprised if you aren't but someone asked me so evidently some people haven't been exposed yet), is by Kenny K.  You can find his incredible digis here for download.

This sexy babe by Kenny K, named Carmen Electrifying, is not my usual type of image for card making but I think she's appropriate for the recipient. Besides, she was a LOT of fun to color...  with Copics, of course!


If you're not a student of urban slang, I should tell you that Harleys are also known as "hogs". That should help the sentiment make more sense to you.  LOL


This patterned paper is from DCWV's All Dressed Up Stack. The original was black and white so I colored over it with a teal Copic marker and added the white with a gel pen to make it look more like leopard print. Wouldn't it be cool if leopards came in designer colors like this? 


The greeting was printed on my printer and cut with a Nestie die.


This hot mama on the inside of the card is also by Kenny K.  Her name is Heidi Hot Rod (ahem!) She looks similar enough to Carmen on the front that I decided to put her on the inside where the writing area is located.  

Others to be determined.

Okay, I hope you enjoyed seeing something a little different and quite a bit more reisque than my usual fare.  I'll be back tomorrow with another Saturated Canary but then you'll get another break for a day or two. Until then...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

1 comment:

  1. I got your comments on my blog.. LOL.. Girl.. of course I remember you!! I apologize as well for not keeping in touch better. I've had alot going on and only with God's grace I have kept my head in tact.. I'm super glad you like the stack!! I ordered a few as I know I will use them ALOT as well!! :) oh.. I'll try to get your prize out tomorrow.. I'll try to email you the tracking # :) Hugs..

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.