Saturday, August 20, 2011

Time for a new Paper a la Mode Challenge at The Outlawz!

As happens every Saturday, it's time for a brand new Paper a la Mode challenge at The Outlawz. The theme of this week's challenge is "Banners" so you must use some type of banner somewhere on your project to be eligible to compete for the prizes.

I am not really a scrapbooker as most of my older followers will attest to but I can put a layout together if I have to.  I really wanted to make a wall banner but I would have had to design it from scratch as well as cut all the pieces on the Cricut or Silhouette and then assemble it. So rather than deliberate any longer than necessary, I chose to create a  layout and put a banner of some sort on it. As I started going through my photos and scrapbook papers, I came across a patterned paper by Brenda Walton with cute little dresses on it and I knew immediately what I would do.

Here's my layout. This darling child is the daughter of my youngest brother's niece by marriage and looks very much like her mother did at that age. She is very shy at first but is really quite precocious after she gets to know you well enough to feel comfortable around you.


You might be able to tell that scrapbooking isn't really my "thang" (spoken in my best Southern drawl). as I have probably ignored most of the current design rules.  When I do create a layout, I do what appeals to my own taste and to heck with rules and trends! LOL


Here's a close up of the banner. I cut out all those cute little dresses and used them as the "flags" on my banner. I don't know if you can read it but the banner says "All Girl" and the rest of the title is "All the Time". This little girl doesn't have an ounce of tomboy in her though she knows very well how to torment the boys!
I am pleased with the results even though I didn't even start working on it until a few hours before it was due. It has been a crazy busy week and I am way behind on my sleep and job hunting because I had 3 projects due for 3 separate DT posts within 4 days and 2 of the 3 were stretches for me creatively speaking. I had wanted to make my first real wall banner but I just ran out of time.  It will have to wait for another day.

Here are the tools and supplies I used to make this layout:

Green checked paper and white designer paper with glittered circles and stripes pattern from DCWV's Nana's Nursery Girl stack.
Dresses used for banner - K & Company Best of Brenda Walton stack
Borders - cut from Nana's Nursery Girl paper
Pink photo mats - Recollections smooth cardstock
Martha Stewart's Punch Around the Page set
Medium pink chalk ink pad - Studio G
Pink rhinestone flourishes - Recollections
1" Acrylic circle "my little masterpiece" from Recollections and backed with pink paper.to make it look like one of the colored balls at the girl's feet
Pink felt letters - Thickers
Pink glitter letters - Me and My Big Idea Alpha Chips
Small pink paper roses - Recollections
Clothesline - Black Glaze Gel Pen
Pop Dots

So there you have it!  It may be a while before you'll see another layout from me... and then again, I might surprise you!  You just never know. The Outlawz is getting very close to having 1000 members and when we reach that milestone we will have an online party to celebrate. You won't want to miss it as we'll be having some special activities along with some extra special prizes so stay tuned to get more details as they become available. You must be a member to participate so if you haven't already joined you'll need to do that soon.

I am entering this layout in the following challenges:

Scrappin' Chics August Challenge - Banners

I'm looking forward to the weekend and I hope yours is enjoyable. I have lots of catching up to do on housekeeping chores, job hunting and crafting so I'll still be busy. Hopefully I'll be back with a few new projects to show you next week. Until then...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

3 comments:

  1. Scrapbooking is definitely your THANG with adorableness like this :) What a fabulous take on the challenge!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable ---- In my opinion you followed all the rules!!! She is adorable and you just want to hug and kiss her!!! Beautiful project and new follower!!!
    Her Craftiness
    http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely LO! I love the clothes line...it really brings you project to life....and as most of my buddies know....I am shabby at heart and this number fits the bill lol.... Thanks for being crafty....

    Mistyrose

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.