Tuesday, June 14, 2011

POM Challenge at The Outlawz

I have created this card as my entry into the POM (Prisma and Other Mediums) Summer Party Challenge at The Outlawz. You have seen this image by Mo Manning on my blog before but I colored this one with Prismacolor pencils, which I hadn't used since I got my Copics. It was great fun using them again after so long a time. The shading isn't quite as dramatic and the colors a little less intense with colored pencils. I don't have any Gamsol so this is just colored pencils applied to white cardstock in the usual way. I hope you like it.




The card base is a pre-made by Recollections in bright yellow orange. The double mats are orange and green glitter cardstock from DCWV's Citrus stack and the dp is from one of my favorite stacks for color, Basic Grey's Lime Rickey. The border trim is from K and Company's Que Sera Sera collection, and the flowers and leaves are from Prima. I used brads for the flower centers, which I glittered and topped with a half pearl from Recollections. The greeting is from a set of cling mount rubber stamps by Studio G called "Life: Color It In". The stamp has a gift box on it but I chose not to ink that part and to use only the textThe green pearls are also Recollections. The glittered cardstock and dp are repeated on the inside of the card. The cormer punch I used to create the area for writing a personal message is from Stampin' Up. The Happy Birthday stamp is by Stampabilities.

Thanks for stopping by today and for your continued support and encouragement. I appreciate each and every one of you so much! I couldn't be happy without being able to create art in some shape or form and this blog gives me the forum with which to share that art with you all.  One of these days, I'll share with you some of the other things I create.  Until then.... 

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie,
    Thank you so much for your super sweet and thoughtful comments. I'm going to check out the sites you recommended ASAP! I have a little something for you on my blog. :0) Please head over there to pick it up.

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as long as you keep sharing your art, I don't care what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colouring is just as stunning with pencils Anne. Love that she's got red hair again :) I must try to find time to play with my pencils some more, I do love the effect they give. Your card is gorgeous :)
    Hugs xx
    PS I'm a bit behind on the slideshow...it's been one of those weeks!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.