Saturday, January 21, 2012

Heritage Layout for Blog Quick Quotes

Hello again, my crafty friends! It's time for another project for Blog Quick Quotes and this time I have chosen the Quick Quotes Just Jackson line for the heritage page I made to honor my father, whom I lost to Alzheimer's Disease in May of 2003, two years to the month after my mother passed away. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II and was deployed to far away places like China and India. He told us, his children, many stories of those days and taught us to count to 10 in Chinese. I think that was pretty much the extent of his foreign language skills.




My dad was proud of all of his children and worked hard as a third shift postal supervisor to provide for his family, allowing my mom to stay home and care for us.  He taught me to swim, to ride a bicycle, to roller skate and to defend myself. He coached my softball team and my younger brother's baseball team. He was a bit on the stubborn side and saw most issues in black and white but he was kind, understanding and he always put his wife and family above himself.

This little layout is to honor him and the man that he was. Please visit the Quick Quotes blog to learn more about how I created this layout as well as the supplies I used. I hope you'll join me again on Monday for a layout I made for WOW! Embossing Powders and I'll post my last project for Blog Quick Quotes on Wednesday, the 25th. This month has flown by so fast it's hard to believe that my time as QQ guest designer is drawing to an end already! I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of working with their incredibly talented design team and their fabulous products. Thanks for stopping by. Until next time...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.