Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Button It Up! Final Joy's Life Design Team project

As mentioned in my previous post, today will be my last post for Joy's Life Design Team and for this post I made a card using the ever-popular pirate theme.  Joy's fabulous You're So Punny stamp set was used for the greeting on the front of the card as well as the sentiment on the inside.  I have been planning to make this card for some time but somehow the theme never seemed to be appropriate until now.  We were asked to create something using buttons. I had this really cool-looking rectangular button that originally had a metallic copper finish and I coated it in WOW! Metallic Gold Pale Regular embossing powder and heated it with my heat gun.  It gave the button an entirely new look and it coordinated better with the cold accents I used on the card.

 This swashbuckler is straight from the imagination of Phee McFaddell, one of my favorite illustrators.





I'd like to thank Joy for her generosity and for giving me the opportunity to represent her stamp company during this fun and fantastic time that I have been a member of this very talented group of designers and our dedicated group leaders as well.  If you still haven't tried Joy's stamps, I don't know what you're waiting for!  You'll love 'em!

Please check back on Friday for my third project for the WOW! Embossing Powder Design Team and in the meantime, you might want to check out the WOW blog and facebook page.  There is a new project posted every day of every month on the blog.

Until next time...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.