Monday, November 14, 2011

Two Michelle Perkett Mermaids for Color Me Creative Classroom Challenge



Happy Monday, everybody!  I promised you that I would be posting my final two entries for the CDAC Progressive Freebie challenge and so I will.  But first I wanted to show you a couple of cards I created for the Color Me Creative Classroom Challenge.  Because one of my Halloween cards was selected by the design team as one of their top choices, I was invited to be a guest designer for the current challenge, an honor I share with Angela Wood of Angelwood's Crafting Corner.

So without further ado, here are two cards I made especially cor this challenge, the theme of which is "Colors of the Sea and Sparkle".  Michelle Perkett Studio is the sponsor of the challenge and I was able to choose one of her wonderful digis to use in my design.  This lovely ocean dweller is called Tutti Frutti and with a name like that I had no choice but to make her colorful.  Well, I had so much fun with her, I colored her twice, first as a blonde and then as a redhead, and made two cards instead of one. Then I couldn't decide which one I liked better so I sent photos of both of them and they used BOTH!  How awesome is that?!?  I feel so special!





All of the materials I used were scraps and embellishments from my stash so I can't tell you where they came from.  The grass and vine die cuts were included in some swap items I received from one of my JustWrodz teammates.    The sentiment stamps is from the Joy's Life "You're So Punny" stamp set.  The tiny hook is made from a metal staple, believe it or not!  I just used some jewelry pliers to bend it into the shape I wanted.  It is suspended on a single strand of silver metallic embroidery floss.  I don't know how well you can tell in the photographs but Tutti Fruitti's tail is glittered with Stickles and then covered in Judikins Diamond Glaze.  I also used the Diamond Glaze to create the sparkly pearls in Tutti's hair, the little air bubbles floating up from the fishes' mouths as well as their eyes and pectoral fins.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.  I hope you enjoyed seeing these two projects.  I really enjoyed making them and want to thank Susanne, Charlene and the Design Team of CMC Classroom Challenge Group for giving me this wonderful opportunity to show off a little of my work.  Until next time...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

12 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous, Anne! Fab coloring and details! Congrats on being GD! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful, love the easel card, great coloring and beautiful accents! You did a fantastic job with this sea challenge and your work is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at CMC as a guest designer--we were so happy to have you!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Anne! love the dimensions you have on them and so glad to have you on our CMC Copic Challenge team this 2 weeks!! xxx Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG dear Anne, you have coloured this image so beautifly.
    The layout is magical.
    Hug's
    Renkata

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just gorgeous Annie!! I love all of the embellishments and wonderful scenes you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie what a great card love the easel card. Thanks for being a GDT with us CMC Challenge.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards, both of them. I just love how you made the scenes, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are boyhood amazing Anne! Right down to your seashells! You did a wonderful job coloring her up and we were so happy that you joined us as GDT for this challenge! Way to knock it outta the park girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne, I wanted to tell you what a wonderful job you did on your mermaid card. Your coloring is wonderful all the little flowers and the way you have her looking as if she is underwater and the fish are adorable. Love your sentiments.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards with beautiful coloring. It's great to be able to use up your stash isn't it? Makes room for new stash. We were so happy to have you as our GDT at CMC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....this card is over the top wonderful. So glad you are our guest designer at CMC.

    Hugs
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh How cute! I love the added sea shell with the pearl in it:-) and the coloring was beautiful!
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.