Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday and a new Scrapbook layout

Good evening, everyone! It's Thursday and I have for you today a new scrapbook layout that I made for Quick Quotes' Friday Challenge #7. Lately, I have really started enjoying creating pretty layouts and I have Quick Quotes to thank for that. Before I discovered their challenges, I made a page once in every great while but now I am wanting to make them all the time. I have so many ideas and not enough time to make them all.

As many of you know, I have been laid off for almost 15 months now but that has ended, at least temporarily, as of today.  I started working contract and today was my first day.  Working as a contractor, the position pays less than half what I was making prior to being laid off... that and having less time to craft are the down side!  The upside is that I have my foot in the door and the company I am working for is eventually going to hire two people to do what another contract employee and I are doing now so if I perform up to their expectations and keep my nose clean, I have a chance of getting hired into this position permanently and that would mean about another $5.00 an hour.  Still not close to what I was making but it's far better than unemployment and there are benefits!  Yay! And to make it even more attractive, it's not that far from where I live and the dress code is "comfortable"!!  How awesome is THAT??? LOL  And get this!  The other person working with me has a masters degree and she has been unable to find a decent job too!  So it's not just me as I was beginning to think.

Okay, now on to today's project.  This little scrapbook page is a rather loose interpretation of the sketch provided by Quick Quotes Blog for their challenge.  As I said, I had lots of pretty cool ideas for this sketch but I decided to make a layout featuring two of my nephews; brothers who are the sons of my younger sister who passed away in May of 2010 from breast cancer.  I have had these adorable pictures since they were little boys.  The older boy is now an electrical engineer and was married last May and the younger one is about 3 years out of high school, is engaged and is working full time.  It just astounds me that all my siblings' children are grown now.  It sure makes me feel old!  Anyway, I'll show you the sketch first and then my layout.


Here's the sketch.  Pretty cool, right?
Okay, now here's my layout.  Like I said, it's a loose interpretation but I hope it works well enough.
Actually, other than the location of the journaling, it's pretty accurate.





Weren't they adorable little guys?  They're still pretty cute and they're definitely sweet but nothing close to what they were then.  Anyway, that's it.  I hope you enjoyed seeing it as much as I enjoyed making it.  I'll be posting several new cards starting tomorrow night.  One will be for my guest design team feature on Color Me Creative Classroom Challenge and 4 plus a gift bag for CDAC's Progressive Freebie Challenge.

I am entering this layout in the following challenges:

Quick Quotes Friday Challenge #7 - sketch

Before I go, I'd like to mention that Joy's Life's new design team posted their first projects on Wednesday so stop by the brand new Joy's Life Design Team Blog to see their beautiful creations and enter to win some awesome prizes.  As I mentioned before, we are divided into 2 groups and next week will be my team's turn to post.  I got a quick look at their projects today and let me tell you that Team 1 did an awesome job!  Check 'em out and visit their personal blogs if you have a few minutes.

Thanks for stopping by and wish me luck on this job thing.  I sure could use a break!  Until next time...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

7 comments:

  1. Annie I am SOOOOOOO glad that you are now employed!! That really is wonderful and I do hope that it turns into a permanent position for you!!! You may not have more time to craft, but you will have bennies and hopefully a few extra bucks for crafting stuff! hehe

    Love your layout, it came out beautifully and yes, those boys are adorable!!

    Hugs,
    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annibee, I am a new follower, I found your blog through Gina at Ginas crafting spot. Congratulations on you job! I love your layout, and goodluck on the challenge, Karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly Anniebee, I would like to say how sorry I am that you lost your sister. I have 3 sisters and don't know how I would handle loosing one of them. Congratulations on getting a job. It may not be what you want yet, but the first step is getting your foot in the door...I wish you luck with getting a full time position.
    This scrapbook page is just wonderful and I'm sure your dear sister would be thrilled that you have put the time and love into such a wonderful creation to show off her sons. And yes they were pretty cute little guys.
    I also wanted to thank you so much for your kind words on my blog...they are greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful page of your Nephews! I'm so very sorry for the loss of your dear sister, that is just heartbreaking.

    I'm happy that you can celebrate her and her beautiful boys in this way. That's the beauty of this craft!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Quick Quotes!!!

    Rhonda
    QQ DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful page Anne. I am so happy to read you have a job! I will be rooting for you to get the full time position!!! I too am sorry to hear of your sister's loss. Did I read right...He was married around the same time his mom passed away? I don't have any sisters...only brothers and know how absolutely heart broken I would be to lose one of them. So I am so glad that you have her "legacy" to carry on with and the joy of her children. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at Quick Quotes

    Melin
    QQ DT
    Blog: CookingWithCricut.com
    Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful page Anne, I sorry about your sister but your nephew are so blessed to have you. thanks for playing along with us at QQ!

    Adora (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous layout Anne. You are one creatively talented lady. We are always so excited to see your new projects over at the blog :)
    ~Lisa
    QQ Social Media Director

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.