Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Top Tip Tuesday and Kenny K... what a dynamic duo!



Hi, everybody!

Well, as I mentioned in my last post, today is Thanksgiving at our house. My son has to leave to go back to his job offshore early tomorrow morning so we're doin' it up right today.  We're having the traditional fare: turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies and pecan and pumpkin pies as well as banana and apple-pumpkin bread. I know that someone is going to have to push me home in a wheel barrow after this meal but oh, how I look forward to it every year! It's the one time during the year that I can really eat without a lot of remorse because I know that everyone else is doing the same thing. LOL!

It's also a special day for the design teams at Top Tip Tuesday and Kenny K's Krafty Krew because Kenny is sponsoring the challenge at Top Tip Tuesday this week and some of the Krafty Krew have been invited to join in the fun.  So all of our projects go along with this week's theme, Kids or Teens.  Kenny has so many cool images to use for this kind of theme that I truly had a difficult time deciding which one to use.  I had colored this one a while back (2 different versions to be exact) but had never used it on a card so I thought this the perfect opportunity. And her name is perfect too... she is called "Club Kid" and you can find her for purchase in Kenny's shop.



I don't have as many photos as usual because it was overcast when I took them and had to use artifical lighting so some of them didn't turn out as well as I would have wished. But I did manage to get a pretty good closeup in case you're interested in the details.

I used DCWV's Colorful Life stack for the background, which I matted with blue foil cardstock and mounted on a 5" x 7" black base card. The black border is part of a really cool velvety ironwork-looking sticker roll that I think I got at Hobby Lobby a couple of years ago.  The bird, padlock and "with a passion" are epoxy stickers by Creative Imagination and the glitter letters are by Me & My Big Idea. I can't wait to hop over to the TTT blog to see what their DT has done. Why don't you join me? And if you have time, we'd love for you to enter their challenge. The winner will get some cool prizes.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Through The Craft Room Door - #45 Anything Goes

I'll be back on Thursday with another new card for you. I wish you all a safe and happy Thanksgiving if you reside in the U.S. and a glorious week if you live elsewhere.  Until next time, my friends....

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

5 comments:

  1. Happy (slightly early) Thanksgiving, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fantastic colouring hun, love the card and I hope you enjoyed your meal, ive never had pumpkin, big hugies June xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie! Your card is absolutely stunning! Loove the bright colours and design. Fits perfectly to the image. You have also done a fab job colouring the image. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the card. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie your colouring and shading is flipping brilliant! I mean Outstanding! your so talented! LOVE how you coloured her hair and the detailing you have is brilliant too!

    Thank you for joining the Guest Designers for our TTT challenge and love to have you play along any time hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.