Sunday, August 19, 2012

Party Like a Rock Star with Kenny K's Krafty Krew!

Hi, everyone!  Today marks the beginning of a brand new challenge at Kenny K's Krafty Krew, the theme of which is the sketch shown below:


I'm sure you know how this goes but just to make it clear to anyone who possibly hasn't entered a sketch challenge before, to participate, you must use the sketch as the guideline for your design.  You can twist it, turn it or rearrange it... but we must be able to see the original sketch within your individual design.

Our sponsors for this challenge are, as always, Kenny K Downloads, with the winner's choice of 5 digis,


and Bearly Mine Designs with a wonderful prize of 2 digi sets.


For my sample card, I chose one of Kenny's characters that I have been wanting to color for quite some time.  In case you're not already familiar with him, let me introduce you to Groove Dude. As you can tell, he realllly feels his music!! LOL  I turned the stripes part of the sketch on end for my design and instead of an oval, I used a Nestie to create the shape and popped that up on a silver foil rectangle with rounded corners.  The center stripe was made by placing 2 strips of snakeskin ribbon side by side on top of a strip of Magic Mesh.

The background is a piece of paper from one of my favorite stacks by DCWV, called Colorful Life.  The papers are perfect for Kenny K designs but Hobby Lobby is the only place I have seen it.


Here's a close up view of Groove Dude in all his musical glory.  I used the tiny stars I punched out of the silver foil to surround the image and edged it with Maraschino Cherry Powder Puff Chalk Ink from Quick Quotes.  I love those inks! 


This is the inside of the card.  I normally decorate both sides of the inside of my cards but because this one is for a guy, I didn't feel the need.  They usually don't notice such details anyway unless they have strong artistic genes! :)


I hope you'll pop over to the Krafty Krew Challenge Blog to see what my ultra-talented teammates have created for this theme and I also hope you'll find the time to enter your own creation in our challenge.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

TBD

I'm still packing boxes and getting ready to move so I may not be around much for the next couple of weeks.  If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section.  I will be checking my email during this time.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you had a nice, relaxing weekend and that this week will be a great one!  Until next time...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Annie, love the fantastic image.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome coloring! Good luck with your move, hope all goes well.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.