Sunday, August 5, 2012

A New Challenge at Kenny K's Krafty Krew

Hello again, everybody! It feels good to be posting twice in the same week. If you read my last post, you know that I have been busy, busy packing, having garage sales and preparing to move. What a drudgery!! I would almost rather be flogged than have to move but it must be done so I'm trying very hard to make the best of it and use it as an opportunity to downsize and get rid of things that I have held onto far too long.

All that aside, today is the start of a brand new challenge at Kenny K's Krafty Krew.  The new theme is "Favorite Ice Cream". This wasn't an easy thing for me because I have several favorite ice cream flavors and it was difficult to choose just one! So I went with an easy one... Raspberry Sherbet!

The image I used is called "Da Bomb" and you can find her as well as the newly released images here. I love this sassy young lady and thought she would be perfect for my color scheme as she reminds me a little of one of my favorite performers, Pink!


I couldn't resist coloring her hair raspberry pink in honor of the daring and dangerous chanteuse after whom I fashioned her. Check out those boots! Wouldn't you love to have a pair of boots with flames on the toes? I would!!


The patterned paper is from The Paper Studio's Paris Apartment stack.


I tied this luscious bow with strips of hot pink and pale pink organza ribbons and I colored the rose and rosebuds with Shock Pink Copic ink. The self-adhesive gems are by Darice.


And here's the inside of the card, which is not quite finished. I may cover the other side and I'll be adding a solid color oval or circle where I can stamp a sentiment and leave space enough for a personal message to the recipient. I included this pic primarily so you can see how the patterned paper looks with nothing covering it.  It just screams "ice cream" to me! LOL!

I hope you'll decide to participate in our little challenge, despite your busy summer schedules. We'd love to see what you create and there is always a fabulous prize for the winner, which is chosen randomly.... so you have as good a chance as anyone at winning.

That's all I have for you today but I'll be posting as often as I can during this transitional period. It just won't be as regularly as I normally post until I get settled into my new place in Houston. Wish me luck!  Until next time...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

6 comments:

  1. WOW what fab hair, fantastic colouring and I love the bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Stunning card Annie. Love the image and your colouring is fabulous.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colouring is amazing!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. stnning card love the use of the pinks ..inspiring work hope your move gets better ....rather you than me but it will be worth it...hugs sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I've clearly been out of the loop. You're moving?
    I absolutely love this card! The bright pinks and purples look great together! I like Pink, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving is the worst! Good luck though in the next chapter. Great card. Love your awesome coloring especially with her hot pink hair.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.