Much to my surprise, two of my paper crafting friends, Amber of Amber's Crafts and Stuff and Naush of Doodle Buddies gave me The Versatile Blogger Award! Wow! I'm so grateful and so humbled that they both find my blog deserving of such an award. The rules for this one are that I must thank the person who gave me the award, list 7 things about myself and pass the award on to 15 other deserving bloggers. Because I Amber and I both received the award from Naush, I am going to take the liberty of combining the requirements of the two awards. Otherwise, I would be here the rest of today trying to create a list of 30 bloggers to pass the award on to!
First, the 7 things about myself:
1. I am the oldest of 5 children, 3 girls and 2 boys.
2. I was born and raised in Fort Worth, TX, moved to Houston when my son was 6 weeks old and moved back to Fort Worth 15 years ago to help care for my aging parents.
3. I was laid off of my job last August after 14 years of service and I am still looking for a new job. :o(
4. I have been crafting since I was old enough to hold a crayon.
5. I'm also a doll maker and sculptor.
6. I make jewelry too.
7. I love ice cream and watch way too much television!
And now for the 15 bloggers I choose to receive this award.
1. Emily - http://createserendipity.blogspot.com/
2. Jill - http://thescrapoholic.blogspot.com/
3. Shannon - http://shannonleffew.blogspot.com/
4. Leann - http://scrapbookingbyleann.blogspot.com/
5. Ali - http://ali-hann.blogspot.com/
6. Lolis - http://lolis-mycorner.blogspot.com/
7. Judy - http://scrapbookgoddess67.blogspot.com/
8. JanJan - http://janjan808kreate.blogspot.com/
9. Irene - http://irenesramblings.blogspot.com/
10. Celeste - http://ccscards.blogspot.com/
11. Jess - http://myscrapdiary-jess.blogspot.com/2011/03/creeper-birthday.html
12. Jin - http://underacherrytree.blogspot.com/
13. Monica - http://www.stampindaisies.com/
14. Kimi & Pamela - http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/
15. Nicole - http://www.creationsbymommy.com/
Congratulations, ladies! If you prefer not to participate, I'll certainly understand. I know this award-receiving business is a lot more time consuming than it seems at first. Still, it's nice to be recognized occasionally and other than comments, this is the only mechanism I know of to do that.