Monday, May 14, 2012

Altered Photo Storage Box for Wow

Hello, all! It doesn't appear that as many people are visiting the Wow Blog as we had hoped so I'm posting my team project here so my friends and followers can see it. As stated in my last post, my team lead, Jen, tasked us with using fabrics and/or flowers on our projects for this month. I used fabric on my card and I have used paper that looks like fabric and lots of flowers on this one. Jen asked me to alter a photo storage box... something I haven't seen very often. As a matter of fact, I went in search of inspiration and found very little on You Tube or anywhere else on the web. So without further ado, here is my project. I made a treasure box in which to store photos and other memorabilia.





Since I took these photos, I have replaced the butterfly with a blue one and lined the box with velvet paper (it's so much easier to work with than fabric!). I used lots of WOW Metallic Gold Rich-Pale Regular Embossing Powder on this project. The vase of roses is a digi stamp by Delicious Doodles that I colored with Copic markers. I plan to make a mini album to go inside this box and give it to my beautiful granddaughter.

I'm still working on some new cards that I'll start posting later in the week. Several of them are finished but I still have to take and edit the photos and the past several days have been overcast and rainy so I plan on doing that part tomorrow.

Thanks so much for hanging with me through all the ups and downs I have experienced lately. I still have hope that something good in the way of a job will come along but in the meantime, I am going to keep creating as long as my muse allows it. So until later....

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

1 comment:

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.