Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Outlawz Paper a la Mode Challenge

Good Saturday morning, everybody!  My goodness!  Do you realize that we are at the end of October already???  Monday is Halloween, then it's less than a month until Thanksgiving and I have not even started my Christmas cards yet!  I just can't get over how the second half of the year has flown by so quickly.  So much has happened this year and yet the most important thing of all still evades me... a job!  I can't fathom that I have been unemployed for 14 months.  I have not been without a job this long except after my son was born since I was 16 years old!  If it was by choice it would be different, but it's not.

Anyway, enough of the bad stuff.  Let's talk about the good stuff.  It's the weekend and therefore it's time for another new Paper a la Mode challenge at The Outlawz!  Woot woot!  This week, our fearless leader, Rona, has given us the challenge to use stitching on our projects.  It has to be real stitching too, either by hand or machine.... no faux stitching allowed.  Well, I have done plenty of faux stitching but I had yet to use a sewing machine on any of my projects.  One reason was that I was afraid I would mess it up and that my colored image would be trashed.  Well, this time, I decided to take that risk and I did some straight and zig zag stitching on my card.  I don't know how well it will show up in the photos but I used a copper metallic thread.

The image is, of course, Tilda by Magnolia Stamps.  This was another of the cute Tildas my friend, Tracy Valore sent me a few months ago.  She knew how much I loved Tilda but that I had none of the Magnolia stamps so she stamped off a bunch of them and mailed them to me.  I had so much fun coloring all those cute little sweeties. This version holds a basket full of some kind of flowers.  I wasn't sure what kind of flower they are supposed to be so I made them look like Delphinium by coloring them blue.  I stitched around the image, and both of the mats.






I used the Martha Stewart's small butterfly and rose leaf punches, a Sizzix leafy vine die and a Spellbinders Shapeability Fancy Label die.  The flowers are from Recollections as are the pearls.  The DP is from K and Company and the image is colored with Copics.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Card Makin' Mamas #32 - Cut It Out (the MS punches, Spellbinders and Sizzix dies were used to create my card elements)

I hope you'll visit The Outlawz and check out the great challenges we have going on every day of the week.    We always have some fabulous prizes donated by some totally awesome sponsors.  I'm going to try to be back tomorrow with another new project if I can get it finished in time.  If I don't, it will be the first part of the week.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Look for my first project for Joy's Life coming soon!  Until next time, have a blessed weekend and...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

4 comments:

  1. Oh you did a awesome job coloring this one..super fine. And i just love the sentiment..tfs
    www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! Love it, so sweet and beautiful! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Ann, your colouring and details are so amazing.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, the stitching really finishes it off beautifully. Thanks for joining our Die Cut Challenge at Card Makin' Mamas!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.