Tuesday, October 25, 2011

5th and final entry for Round 5 of the CDAC Progressive Freebie Challange

Please scroll down to see my project for this post but I wanted to make sure to include the following so everyone would know which of my projects was chosen for this award by my bloggie friend, the very talented Linda of Lindy's Maid Wid [Heart].  Linda and I served on my first design team at Amber's Crafts and Stuff, which was a challenge blog that didn't last very long but we had a lot of fun creating inspirational projects for Amber's readers.  If you have never visited Linda's blog, you owe it to yourself to do so.  She makes some awesome cards and other things and is a very sweet person too.  Thank you so much, Lin!  I'll gladly pass this award on to 5 other deserving crafters over the next few days.

Hello again! I'm back again with the my last entry for the CDAC Progressive Freebie Challenge. In keeping with the food theme, this card features some yummy chocolate chip cookies. I got so hungry making this card! I wasn't sure that I would be able to color this image, which is from Digidrawn, but once I got started, I couldn't stop until I finished it. I think it looks surprisingly realistic! Looking at it again, I'm getting hungry again (I haven't had breakfast yet)!

I thought this would make a festive holiday card so I used red and green holiday paper from a stack I bought at Hobby Lobby a couple of years ago. It doesn't have a name on it so I'm not sure who the manufacturer was.






I don't know if you can read it in the photos but the little tag on the bow says "From my kitchen to yours" and on the inside I included Neiman Marcus' chocolate chip cookie recipe.  This is not the one used in the urban legend that originated several years ago about a woman who was charged a large sum of money for the recipe but is their actual recipe that anyone can obtain from their web site for free.  I thought it was a cute touch and worked very well with the image on the front of the card.  I'm planning to try the recipe this holiday season to see if it is worthy of the Neiman Marcus brand name.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing these final entries for the challenge.  I'll have a whole new set of images for the last round next week.  I'll be back a little later with a post for my newest scrapbook layout that I created for the Quick Quotes Friday Challenge.  It's a lot more whimsical than my last one, which I'm thrilled to say was selected by the Quick Quotes design team as one of their Top 3!  It also took two other Top 3 prizes and was the winner at If The Shoe Fits, Scrap It! last week!!!  I was tickled to death because, as my regular readers know, scrapbooking is not really my forte.  Maybe it should be! LOL  Thanks for stopping by today and please stop back later if you have a chance to see my other post.

Until then...

Happy crafting!
Anniebee

6 comments:

  1. Wow your colouring is wonderful. I thought you'd cut pix out of a magazine at first. Great card. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so real I can smell 'em! Another beautiful card and the LO is great too. (Not hard to see why it was chosen.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious, a cup of coffee and your biscuits would be great. congrats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne, I so admire this project and have an award for you on my blog, I hope you'll pop by to take a look, even if you won't want to display the award. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I got that image I had no idea what is was supposed to be. You totally made it look like cookies. Love the inside of your cards too. I am going to friend you as I really like your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this looks really fabulous and your cookies look good enough to eat. Lovely idea to include the recipe with it too :)

    Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

    Mandy (CDAC PC DT Member)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.