Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Another Rick St. Dennis Design

Here it is, the middle of another week and the month of January is almost gone already! Does anyone besides me feel like the years keep flying by faster and faster, the older we get? I remember when I was in school, it seemed like the school years crept by day by slow, agonizing day while the summers went by in a flash. Now it doesn't matter what time of year it is. All the seasons whiz by me like rockets.

Well, I don't know what started me on that little dissertation but I guess I'm over it for the time being. I have another card for you today that was created with another of Rick St. Dennis' wonderful digis. This one is called Esmerelda, the Fortune Teller. As I said before, I love all the detail Rick puts into his drawings. I just visited his Etsy shop again and he has several new designs that I had not seen before that I must have! But for the time being, I'll be content coloring the ones I already have.


Just look at all the glorious folds and ruffles of Esmerelda's clothing! Oh, my gosh! I was in heaven coloring this beautiful lady. I used a number of colors but chose to accent the purples and red violet tones the most with the yellows,greens and blues secondary.


I used my metallic gold Jelly Roll pen to create all the gold details of the fringe and her jewelry. There's a little bit of a glare on the above shot but I posted it anyway to show the shimmer of the gold ink.


All of the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the cute yellow heart-shaped buttons were won in a blog candy from my awesome crafty friend, Vicki of Stamp Smiles. The die cuts were made with Spellbinders dies.


The paper, ribbon and braided trim came from my stash where they have been for a couple of years. Some of my very special papers that I purchase in single sheets are saved for very special projects. This is one such project. The paper just coordinated perfectly with the colors I used. I always color my images first and then find the papers and embellies to go with them instead of the other way around unless I have a specific color scheme I must use for a design team project.  


Each image speaks to me differently, dictating the look I want to achieve and that's why I do it this way. Occasionally, I color an image and then have trouble finding the perfect papers to match but that happens only rarely. I don't know if I know my paper collection so well that I subconsciously color the images with a specific piece in mind or if it's just happenstance that it works out. 
Above is a close up of Esmerelda.


Here's the inside of the card. I decided not to decorate both sides this time, mainly because I only had one sheet of the beautiful paper and there wasn't enough to cover the other side. I may use a different paper and just cut a decorative strip of this paper to pull it all together. I'm not sure yet.

I am entering this card in the following challenges/linky parties:

Wild Orchid Challenge - #69 Anything Goes
Lady Anne's Challenges - Anything Goes
Sparkle and Glitter - #8 Anything But a Square

I'll be back soon with a Valentine card sporting another of Ricks designs. Sunday is the start of another new challenge at Kenny K's as well so I'll be posting my inspirational project for that too. There's still time to enter the current challenge for which the theme is a sketch. The winner gets 5 of Kenny's digis of their choice and our super DT Leader, Susie Little is also sponsoring with some crafty goodies! Get those projects entered by Saturday night for a chance to win. I hope the rest of your week is fabulous and crafty. Until next time....

Happy crafting!
Anniebee


8 comments:

  1. WOWZA this is an amazing creation and your coloring is FABULOUS!!! Just beautiful through & through! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind, encouraging words!
    Now I need to go practicing my coloring ... you've given me GREAT inspiration with this card!
    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Fantabulous card! Love the design, papers, rich colors, & embellies! And you did a fantastic job of coloring that image!! Really!! Rick's work is wonderful, and you really amp it up! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable, love the colours! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Sparkle and glitter with RickStDennis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie, you know already how much I love this card! :^) But I want to thank you for taking the time to share it with us at Lady Anne's this month, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Stunning. Your colouring of Esmerelda is amazing. Love the colours you chose.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Sparkle and Glitter with RSD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Rick's images are wonderful to begin with, but your coloring really brings them to life! A gypsy never looked so good! This card is just pure gorgeousness! Every detail is perfection! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle and Glitter with RSD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cardand outstanding coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkle and Glitter with RSD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card. So much color and detail.
    Thank you for sharing in our Valentine Round Up at Want2Scrap.

    Allie Gower
    Want2Scrap

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to leave a comment.